Starting in the Spring Semester! BRDGES Virtual Mediation Certification ProgramA Unique Mediation Training With An Intercultural Focus.
WHAT WE DO AT BRDGES ACADEMY
BRDGES Academy is the first e-learning academic platform of its kind in the globalization of continuing education and discourse for professionals working in conflict resolution: mediators, conflict, dispute resolution practitioners, human resource professionals, and peace-builders. In the 21st century, those practicing conflict and dispute resolution are increasingly required to effectively interact and operate across continents and cultures. BRDGES Academy was created to meet this demand. Learning how to deal with cultural differences, diversities, and sensitivities is a must for all involved in today’s dispute and conflict resolution practices.
We offer global approaches to learning intercultural skills and competencies:
- Intercultural skills are essential for necessary to effectively resolve multi-cultured mediation and conflict and disputes of all kinds;
- Our courses are virtual, online and offered in real-time;
- Classmates and faculty from around the world share enhanced learning and cultural insights;
- BRDGES’ provides busy professionals a venue in the comfort of their own office or home to receive innovative training;
- Participants learn cutting-edge cultural acumen to better adapt to their practices and make them more competitive.
- BRDGES provides the training to meet today’s global intercultural dispute demands – they are increasing exponentially.
WE’RE TAKING THE “I” OUT OF BRDGES TO DEVELOP A MORE INTERCULTURAL YOU
BRDGES Intercultural Certificate
We are increasingly communicating inter-culturally in critically-important aspects of our lives. For conflict resolution practitioners (mediators, attorneys, arbitrators, psychologists, human resource personnel and many others), this professional Certificate adds invaluable inter-cultural dimensions to your skill-set. To obtain this 20- hour certificate requires completion of four (4) out of five (5) required courses and participating in and evaluation of your role in a multi-cultured simulation.
The International Mediation Institute ("IMI") Mediator and Mediator (With Inter-cultural Competency) Certifications
IMI is a world-recognized not for profit public interest initiative to drive transparency and high competency standards in the mediation practice across fields, worldwide. BRDGES is approved as both a general and Inter-cultural Qualifying Assessment Program (“QAP”) and (“IC-QAP”) for IMI Certification. By taking and completing BRDGES QAP and Inter-Cultural QAP you can therefore be qualified for IMI Mediator Certification and at the same time the IMI Inter-Cultural Certification. BRDGES offers five modules in order to be assessed for the IMI Inter-Cultural Certification. Four of the five modules can be taken as CME/CPD courses (see below). The fifth certification module is a mediation simulation which must be taken online and is assessed by BRDGES and IMI independent assessors.
Continuing Mediation Education ("CME") or Continuing Professional Development ("CPD") Courses
We do not conduct initial training to become certified in mediation. However, in many countries, governmental entities require that professionals working in conflict resolution stay current in their professions and practices. Many governments also require their conflict-resolution professionals to continue their education within certain time periods for a number of specified credit hours. For example, for mediators, this is called Continuing Mediation Education (“CME”). For other conflict resolution professionals such as attorneys, judges, arbitrators, human resource specialists, social workers and psychologists, to name a few, BRDGES offers courses on resolving cross-cultural conflict for Continuing Professional Development (“CPD”) credits.
- Friday, March 4 @ 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm EST
- Saturday, March 5 @ 11:00 am - 1:00 pm EST
- Friday, March 11 @ 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm EST
- Saturday, March 12 @ 11:00 am - 1:00 pm EST
- Friday, March 18 @ 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm EDT
- Saturday, March 19 @ 11:00 am - 1:00 pm EDT
Drawing on firsthand experience and sound research, our faculty emphasize rigorous, academic research combined with relevant best practices for mediators and other mediation advocates.